White House Poetry Revival Wed 4th June 2008 9.00pm
White House Poetry Revival
Wed 4th June 2008 9.00pm
This weeks guest poet is Frank Dullaghan.
Born in Dundalk, Ireland, obtained BA in Economics from UCD
· Has worked in finance and compliance in the UK. Currently CFO of Libertas Capital in Dubai. Previously, Head of Compliance, Europe with Lehman Brothers
· MA (Distinction) in Creative Writing from University of Glamorgan, Wales
· Editor with Seam poetry journal (http://www.seampoetry.co.uk/) from 2000 and sole editor 2003-2006.
· One of the founders and main organizers of the Essex Poetry Festival and the Young Essex Poet of the Year competition until 2006 (when moved to Dubai)
· Member of the British Haiku Society and published in two important anthologies The Iron Book of British Haiku (Iron Press) and The New Haiku (Snapshots Press). Haiku collection At the Opened Door published by Hub Editions 2001. Haiku translated into French, German, Dutch and Croatian for various anthologies.
· Widely published in quality journals and poetry magazines, including in: Ireland – Poetry Ireland Review, The Honest Ulsterman, the Shop; UK – Poetry Review, London Magazine, Poetry London, Poetry Wales, The New Welsh Review, Reactions, The Dark Horse (Scotland/US); US – Nimrod; Australia – Quadrant.
· Poetry also published in various anthologies, including First Pressings (Faber & Faber) and Teaching the Chicken to Swim (Seren Press) and on-line including, The Guardian, BBC and, Nth Position (on-line mag).
Info: Dominic Taylor 087 2996409 or Barney Sheehan 086 8657494 Blog http//:whitehousepoets.blogspot.comThe White House Poets gratefully acknowledges the support of Limerick City Council, the ArtsCouncil of Ireland, Foras na Gaeilge and Poetry Ireland.